SITEMAP

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Current Range: 2 / 15 / (181732 - 181786)

181732. Documentaries
Afghan Gold (In Progress). House of the Tiger King, The Feature. Search For The Lost City of Gold. The Search For King Solomon's Mines. Posted by Mangorains at 4:57 AM.
tahirshah-documentaries.blogspot.com
181733. House of the Tiger King, Jacket Covers
House of the Tiger King, Jacket Covers. House of the Tiger King, Jacket Covers. Posted by Mangorains at 9:33 AM. BUY IN UK, HARDBACK. BUY IN UK, PAPERBACK.
tahirshah-house-tiger-jackets.blogspot.com
181734. House of the Tiger King, Tahir's Notes
House of the Tiger King, Tahir's Notes. HOUSE OF THE TIGER KING was a journey into and an obsession of one of the bleakest, most magical and dangerous jungles on Earth. There were dark times on that trip, extreme darkness, but beyond that there was a sense that I and my crew were challenged like never before. Posted by Mangorains at 9:08 AM. BUY IN UK, HARDBACK. BUY IN UK, PAPERBACK.
tahirshah-house-tiger-notes.blogspot.com
181735. HOUSE OF THE TIGER KING
HOUSE OF THE TIGER KING. House of the Tiger King is the tale of Shah’s remarkable adventure to find the greatest lost city of the Americas, and the treasure of the Incas. Along the way he considers others who have spent decades in pursuit of lost cities, and asks why anyone would find it necessary to mount such a quest at all. Tahir Shah is an ideal companion with whom to go looking for buried treasure adventurous, romantic and irrepressible’ Daily Mail. Posted by Mangorains at 8:20 AM.
tahirshah-house-tiger.blogspot.com
181736. HUMAN STEW
Fifty foot of Calcutta's pavement has more life on it than entire cities elsewhere. The film (proposed one hour on Super-16 and DV) will involve the process of Tahir selecting a stretch of pavement on which to live, and learning the ropes from others who already live there. We see it as very important that the film isn't just a stunt, but is more dynamic: that it draws the audience into a world which is usually hidden and misunderstood. Posted by Mangorains at 10:56 AM.
tahirshah-human-stew.blogspot.com
181737. IN PROGRESS, BOOKS
IN PROGRESS, BOOKS.
tahirshah-inprogress-books.blogspot.com
181738. IN PROGRESS, FILMS
IN PROGRESS, FILMS.
tahirshah-inprogress-films.blogspot.com
181739. IN PROGRESS
tahirshah-inprogress.blogspot.com
181740. Tahir Shah Interview 2
Tahir Shah Interview 2. Tahir Shah Interview 2. Several authors have proclaimed that travel writing is a dead genre,. That the world has become one giant uniform suburb and there is. Nothing new to be discovered. What is or should be, in your view, the. Role of a travel writer today? The role of the travel writer is to make people think, to hone their senses. It’s not to impress them with name dropping and with great journeys without any purpose at all. No of course they don’t. The "West" more constraine...
tahirshah-interview2.blogspot.com
181741. Kosovo Kids
Kosovo Kids was a special project undertaken by German reportage photographer Erol Gurian and myself in February 2000. The purpose of the project was to document in a small way the situation following the arrival of the KFOR peace-keeping force. We were fascinated by the extraordinary resilience of the children of the region, and wanted to use them as a mouthpiece for the situation. War changes everyone it touches. It brings uncertainty, chaos, and strips children of their innocence. When the children we...
tahirshah-kosovo.blogspot.com
181742. LEADERSHIP TALKS
Boosting and Maintaining Motivation. Striving Towards the Goal. Seeing with Fresh Eyes. In additional to the challenges of the hardest expeditions imaginable, Tahir Shah has endured other extraordinary hardships. These include sixteen days in the solitary confinement of a Pakistani torture jail, after being arrested with his film crew in the summer of 2005, while travelling to Afghanistan. Shah on Leadership and Exploration:. The second quality I search for is the ability to solve problems. Some peop...
tahirshah-leadership.blogspot.com
181743. LINKS
tahirshah-links.blogspot.com
181744. Literary Morocco
I turned left at a shop selling small silver boxes, and then right at a silk merchant’s stall, and found myself at an ancient wooden door. Standing in its cool shadow, I knocked once, then again. A moment later the door was swinging inwards, and I was waved in by a figure in cream-coloured robes. As he led the way upstairs, he said that the gathering was about to begin. As well as the literary salons, Marrakech is home to the wonderful Café du Livre, a relaxed blend of bookshop and restaurant patronised ...
tahirshah-literary-morocco.blogspot.com
181745. The Middle East Bedside Book
The Middle East Bedside Book. The Middle East Bedside Book. A cornucopia of lore, stories, proverbs, etiquette, and fascinating information about the region, The Middle East Bedside Book is an indispensable handbook for tourists and businessmen, Arabists and armchair-travellers alike. Posted by Mangorains at 7:02 AM.
tahirshah-middle-east.blogspot.com
181746. In Search of King Solomon's Mines,Tahir's Notes
In Search of King Solomon's Mines,Tahir's Notes. It was my friend Wilfred Thesiger who first suggested I go to Ethiopia, the country of his birth. He said I would find a society that had changed little in the way of its traditions in millennia. He was right. From the first moment I spent in that magical land, I was transfixed by the extraordinay beauty, and by the grace of the people. Posted by Mangorains at 5:02 AM.
tahirshah-mines-notes.blogspot.com
181747. Miscellaneous Writing
Memoir of a Pakistani Torture Cell. Chat With Tahir Shah. Interview With Tahir Shah. Interview With Tahir Shah 2. These are various pieces of writing generally not associeted directly with my other work. Posted by Mangorains at 4:19 AM.
tahirshah-miscellaneous.blogspot.com
181748. Friendship, Morocco
I don’t have to avoid people any more,’ I said, beaming. The plumber wiped a rag over the crown of his bald head. But how will you live if you don’t have friends? How do you know I’ve come from England? Because you look too pale to be Moroccan and too content to be French.’. The man’s cheeks were shaved, and anointed with a home-brewed Cologne. He pressed a coin into the barber’s hand. I will wait for you at the café opposite,’ he said. We will be friends,’ he said firmly, as he left. In Morocco there is...
tahirshah-morocco2.blogspot.com
181749. John Murray Narratives
EXPLORATION, Narratives of the John Murray Archive. CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOGRAPHS. Selected Narratives from the John Murray Travel Archive. Edited by Tahir Shah. Murray was feted for the quality of its editions, and for the extraordinary range of adventure it published. Authors, who were rewarded with high advances, regularly stayed with the company their entire publishing careers. A selection of writings from the greatest 19th century Murray classics follows. BY DAVID AND CHARLES LIVINGSTONE. The beautiful...
tahirshah-murray.blogspot.com
181750. Journey Through Namibia
Posted by Mangorains at 1:31 PM.
tahirshah-namibia.blogspot.com
181751. NEWS
Monday, August 28, 2006. Watch this space for news of new editions, new books, and all kinds of other stuff! Posted by Mangorains : 2:04 PM 0 comments. View my complete profile.
tahirshah-news.blogspot.com
181752. PHOTOGRAPHY
Please click the above link. The pictures have been taken over a number of years in different parts of the world. They are in random order. Although my great love is Black and White photography, I am a victim of laziness, and delight in the ease of digital photography.
tahirshah-photography.blogspot.com
181753. A Conversation Paid For in Postage Stamps
A Conversation Paid For in Postage Stamps. A Conversation Paid For in Postage Stamps. Do you have any to spare? He enquired politely. ‘I could pay you a money for them, a few dirhams.’. I thought for a moment. We haven’t received any mail yet,’ I replied. ‘We’ve just arrived.’. Hicham’s smile melted. I told him to come back in a week. I promised not to. I asked what he meant. The old man’s wife flustered over with more mint tea. He taught me about honour, and to tell the truth,’ the old man said one afte...
tahirshah-postagestamps.blogspot.com
181754. PUBLISHERS
tahirshah-publishers.blogspot.com
181755. Miracle in the Andes
Miracle in the Andes. Miracle in the Andes, Review. MIRACLE IN THE ANDES. BY NANDO PARRADO (With Vine Rause). CROWN PUBLISHERS $25.00. Three days later, Nando Parrado woke from a coma, a ball of snow pushed up to his mouth by a fellow survivor. His skull was fractured, but he was alive. His mother who had been on the flight too, was dead; and his little sister Suzy, was hovering in limbo between life and death. Written for The Washington Post). C) Tahir Shah, 2006. Posted by Mangorains at 3:14 PM.
tahirshah-review-andes.blogspot.com
181756. The Arab World, Reviews
The Arab World, Reviews. The Arab World, Reviews. As one who is living on the western edge of the Arab World, I can feel the fallout of September 11th continue raining down around me. The terrible Al-Qaeda attacks almost single-handedly destroyed the West’s trust in the region. It is a great sadness. This selection of books is aimed at reminding us of the extraordinary cultural heritage of the Arab World, and that terrorists do not represent the majority of Arabs. Far Arabia, Peter Brent:.
tahirshah-review-arab-world.blogspot.com
181757. The River of Doubt, Review
The River of Doubt, Review. The River of Doubt. THE RIVER OF DOUBT: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey. Doubleday ISBN 0-385-50796-8 $26.00. He sets off into the Brazilian jungle to venture up an uncharted tributary of the Amazon, known as ‘The River of Doubt’. A journey of 400 miles took them across the Brazilian Highlands to the Amazon basin. Three years earlier, while exploring the region, Rondon had discovered a twisting foaming waterway. With no clue where it went if it went anywhere at al...
tahirshah-review-river.blogspot.com
181758. Valverde's Gold, Review
Valverde's Gold, Review. Valverde's Gold, Review. PUBLISHER: FARRAR STRAUS GIROUX. I suspect that Valverde’s Gold will leave many an armchair explorer ruminating on the riddle of the Inca hoard. For those who want a stab at finding it themselves, Valverde’s directions to the treasure caves are reproduced as an Appendix. Written for The Washington Post). Posted by Mangorains at 3:11 PM.
tahirshah-review-valverde.blogspot.com
181759. Book Reviews
The River of Doubt. Miracle in the Andes. India in Slow Motion. Posted by Mangorains at 10:36 AM.
tahirshah-reviews.blogspot.com
181760. IN SEARCH OF KING SOLOMON'S MINES
IN SEARCH OF KING SOLOMON'S MINES. IN SEARCH OF KING SOLONON'S MINES. Taking his leads from a mixture of texts including The Septuagint, the earliest known form of the Bible, as well as using geological, geographical and folkloric sources, Tahir Shah sets out in search for Solomon's gold mines. For him the obvious place to look is Ethiopia, in the horn of Africa.
tahirshah-solomons-mines.blogspot.com
181761. Sorcerer's Apprentice
Posted by Mangorains at 8:20 AM.
tahirshah-sorcerers-apprentice.blogspot.com
181762. SPECIAL PROJECTS
tahirshah-special-projects.blogspot.com
181763. Spectrum Guide to Jordan
Spectrum Guide to Jordan. Spectrum Guide to Jordan. Acclaimed as the most comprehensive handbook and reference guide to the Kingdom yet published, Tahir Shah's Spectrum Guide to Jordan is required reading for tourists, businessmen, scholars and history-buffs. No other work provides such a concise blend of Jordan's history and religious Faith, social fabric, cultural heritage and vision for the future. Posted by Mangorains at 7:17 AM.
tahirshah-spectrum.blogspot.com
181764. Teaching Stories
During the last three decades, the ancient philosophy of the Sufis has found its way to the West, where it has been championed for its level-headedness and its brutal simplicity. And now, at a time when many Muslims are feeling as if their religion has been hijacked by radical forces, the Sufis are finding a growing following in both East and West, for stressing moderation, and a sense of selflessness. A man went to a tattooist and told him to tattoo a ferocious tiger on his back. The tattooist began...
tahirshah-sufis.blogspot.com
181765. Trail of Feathers, Tahir's notes
Trail of Feathers, Tahir's notes. Flight. Did it really start with the Wright Brothers? Perhaps. But the idea that ancient societies flew long before the rise of Western society, is something which transfixed me from from the day I first heard that the Incas may have flown, or at least glided, with primitive canopies. Posted by Mangorains at 3:01 PM.
tahirshah-trailoffeathers-notes.blogspot.com
181766. TRAIL OF FEATHERS
When the Spanish Conquistador Francisco Pizzaro arrived in Peru, in 1532, his retinue of monks reported that the Incas 'flew like birds' over the jungles. Using primitive hang-gliders, they were said to be able to complete a fifteen-day journey across jungle in fifteen minutes. The Aztecs, too, supposedly made similar gliding contraptions from stork feathers, called 'crirs'. Despite this, there are dozens of mythological and cultural records which hint at the possibility. King Solomon's kingdom was s...
tahirshah-trailoffeathers.blogspot.com
181767. Tahir Shah
HOUSE OF THE TIGER KING. IN SEARCH OF KING SOLOMON’S MINES. BEYOND THE DEVIL’S TEETH. HOUSE OF THE TIGER KING. SEARCH FOR THE LOST CITY OF GOLD. SEARCH FOR KING SOLOMON’S MINES. SEARCH FOR THE LOST TREASURE OF AFGHANISTAN. We can all be explorers, and can all find wonderment wherever we are.". On the morning of her fifth birthday, Miki Suzuki’s aged grandfather gave her an unusual gift the fragment of a story. Feverishly excited, and exhausted after a long flight, she hit the ground running, in her despe...
tahirshah.com
181768. UV LTT - Tahir's Learning Journal
UV LTT - Tahir's Learning Journal. Saturday, 21 January 2012. After what feels like a very long break, I've been preparing for the second semester which is due to start next week. I've been taking a look around the Uni website, accessed Module Definition Forms and have ordered some of the books on the recommended reading list. Well, so far, so good. I look forward to resuming my studies in the second semester and hope that my learning will continue to benefit me at work. Sunday, 6 November 2011. I have b...
tahirshams.blogspot.com
181769. tahir | …perspectives on people & society
8230;perspectives on people and society. Fuel Crisis and a deeper need for diversification. A black market operator sells fuel in front of the NNPC towers in Abuja. Photo Credit, Tom Saater. This article was initially published on Naij.com. For more articles by Tahir Sherriff you can follow him on Twitter @. Follow Blog via Email. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Join 784 other followers. View Full Profile →. Like Us on Facebook. Get every new ...
tahirsherriff.wordpress.com
181770. Welcome To My Homepage
Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy. Yes, Please make this my home page! Don't show this to me again. Welcome To My Homepage. Welcome To My Homepage. CAM MALE HERE WANT CAM FRIENDS. HI I AM TAHIR SODDOQIOUI FROM PAKISTAN I AM 19 YEARS OLD I AM STUDENT I AM FINDING NEW FRIENDS IF ANY ONE WANT CHAT ME THEN PM ME AT webcam male52@yahoo.com or tahir siddiqui7842hotmail.com. Http:/ profiles.yahoo.com/webcam male52. Http:/ www.webdirectory.co.nz/. SEND ME PM PLZ.
tahirsiddiqui.20m.com
181771. Tahirsoft.com
The domain tahirsoft.com may be for sale. Click here for details.
tahirsoft.com
181772. TAHIR SOLICITORS
We are currently in the process of updating our main website, here we aim to give you a basic tour of our business and what we do. We are sorry for any inconvenience. We have thousands of grateful clients all over the North West and nationally. We offer a quick and efficient service to all our clients. Our staff are multi-lingual to serve you better. Let us help you to take care of the really important things in your life. Our registered address is;. Feroz House 435 Cheetham Hill Road Manchester M8 0PF.
tahirsolicitors.com
181773. Orxanın günlüyü | Uzaq məsafələr yoxdur, bahalı təyyarə biletləri var
Uzaq məsafələr yoxdur, bahalı təyyarə biletləri var. Avqust 24, 2015. WordPress.com-da pulsuz sayt və ya bloq yarat.
tahirson.wordpress.com
181774. Tahir & Sons
Tahir and Sons Pvt. Ltd. Official site for Tahir and Sons Pvt. Ltd. The site is under construction. Thank you for your patience. Developer: Muhammad Faraz Tahir 2013.
tahirsons.com
181775. Welcome to :TAHIR SULTAN:
tahirsultan.com
181776. İletişim